For Registrations & General Information contact: Ms. Evelyn Mayorga at the Rectory 201-435-7080 Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm firstname.lastname@example.org
All First Communion, Confirmation and Children-RCIA Classes are given as follows:
- English: Sundays 10:15 AM to 11:15 AM (Mass at 9:00 AM)
- Spanish Classes: Sundays 8:50 AM to 9:50 AM (Mass at 10:30 AM)
First Communion is considered one of the holiest and most important occasions in a Roman Catholic person’s life. It is the first time that a person receives the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist. The Holy Eucharist refers to Christ’s body, blood, soul, and divinity that are truly present in the transubstantiation of the bread and wine on the altar.
Confirmation means accepting responsibility for your faith and your destiny. The focus is on the Holy Spirit, who confirmed the apostles on Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4) and gave them the courage to practice their faith. The same Holy Spirit confirms Catholics during the Sacrament of Confirmation and gives them the same gifts and fruits.
If you are an adult who is seeking more information on how to become a member of the Catholic Church please contact us. The RCIA (Rite of Christian initiation of Adults) program also applies to children who have not been baptized before 7 years old which is considered the age of reasoning.
- For Children: English and Spanish. Sunday mornings.
- For Adults: English and Spanish. The schedule is flexible depending on the time of the person who is interested and in agreement with the catechist.
The Church’s catechetical mission aims to help the faithful of all ages to grow in both human and Christian maturity, enriching the whole of life with the leaven of the Gospel. Consequently, appropriate goals and content will embrace all the faith dimensions of an adult life—for example, understanding and communicating the faith, skills needed for personal growth, the experience of family life, relationships, public service, and concern for the common good.
- Asamblea Carismática: In Spanish directed by Fr. Pedro Repollet once a month on weekends at 6:30 PM in the Parish Hall. No registration is necessary. For more information call the rectory at 201-435-7080 M-F 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Cursillos de Cristiandad: In Spanish. Thursdays 7:30 PM in School Cafeteria. Contact Nilsa Velez.
- Formation for Catechists: Thursdays 7:30 PM in Parish Hall. Contact Mrs. Grace Manzo.
Follow the below link to register online. All forms are available to print and can be found under Forms on the main menu. In-person registrations are available at the Rectory at 99 Broadway, Jersey City NJ 07306 Mon-Fri 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Please call the Rectory for more information at 201-435-7080.